Bookings Terms and Conditions
1.1 Your Reservation
• No reservation, regardless of how it is made, will be confirmed until we have received full payment and sent your confirmation.
• Where applicable, restrictions will be disclosed to you at the time of booking, including but not limited to minimum night stays and age restrictions.
• Before/upon arrival, and prior to receiving any keys or access codes, the lead guest must
complete the identification check and registration form. We have the right to deny any booking at any time.
• Please double-check the information as soon as you receive your confirmation and invoice. You must inform us right away if something is incorrect. If we are not made aware of any
errors in the documentation, we regret that we will be unable to assume any liability.
• If there is a mistake on the confirmation or invoice, we reserve the right to correct it as soon as we identify it, and we’ll do it no later than 24 hours before your arrival date if your arrival date is within 7 days of when the confirmation or invoice was issued.
1.2 Special Instructions
• We will make every effort to accommodate those with specific needs.
• To help you choose the best accommodation for your needs, please be sure to inform us in writing of any specific requirements at the time of booking.
• No guarantees can be made that any request will be fulfilled, though we will make every effort to do so.
• Reservations that are defined as being dependent on the fulfillment of a specific request, such as conditional reservations, cannot be accepted.
1.3 Group Reservations
• A group is defined as two or more apartments reserved for the same site and time frame. The possibility of such conditions will be disclosed at the time of booking. When making a reservation, cancellation fees that may be different from those in clause 4.5 and will be disclosed.
• When making a reservation, a non refundable deposit towards the total balance of the booking of 30% is required. This amount will be held as a deposit, subject to the terms of Clause 4 regarding notice and cancellation. At the time of check-in, the remaining balance will be payable.
• Guests who pay in full at the time of booking, also known as an Advanced Early Booker Rate, will receive up to a 15% discount. This rate is not transferable and is not refundable.
• Package reservations and large group lodging, including accommodations for stag, hen, and celebration groups, both require full prepayment at the time of reservation or a payment schedule in which any deposits are treated as an advance purchase rate. This rate is not transferable and is not refundable.
• Any reservations may be suspended or cancelled if payment is not received by us by the dead-line. Any late payments will incur interest at a rate of 8% over the applicable time period’s base rate set by the Bank of England.
• Credit card, debit card or BACS payments must be made in pounds sterling. No checks or cash will be accepted.
2.2 Security Deposit
• For “additional charges” (see clause 12), such as breakages, damages, extra cleaning, and other lodging costs incurred during your stay, iStay Liverpool may need a security deposit of between £200 and £500 per apartment at the time of check-in. We will have the right to immediately collect the remaining balance from you if your security deposit is insufficient to pay the entire additional fees. Credit or debit cards must be used to pay for any security deposits. Cash is not accepted. The damage deposit is required to be paid no later than 12pm on the date of stay.
• We will also require the identification of the lead booker and a guestlist of all guests staying with us to be provided no later than the time the security deposit is paid. A data is held and managed subject to the provisions of clause 15.
2.3 Payment of Additional Charges
• To cover “extra charges,” accurate credit/debit card information must be provided at the time of booking and/or upon arrival at the units (see clause 12). In some cases, these may be paid directly to the preferred source.
• Any remaining amount on the security deposit will be reimbursed once these charges have been taken from any security deposits that are held or from any provided debit or credit cards. You will receive a formal explanation of the “extra charges” in the mail. We have the right to invoice the booker or guest directly for these fees if a debit or credit card payment is denied or no card information is provided.
• To the best of our knowledge, the rates we promote were accurate as of the publication date, but we reserve the right to occasionally adjust any rates. The rates quoted are based on those in effect at the time but are subject to change before the booking is finalised. Once a booking has been confirmed, we won’t alter the tariff unless you make a change or our cost of providing the accommodations changes due to unavoidable changes in taxes or currency exchange rates. At the time of booking, VAT is charged at the current rate.
4.1 Changes, Extensions and Cancellations
• Any requests for modifications, extensions, or cancellations must be addressed directly to us in writing. (Thus, you will be responsible for paying us the full value of the booking if your booking is not modified, extended, or cancelled through us.)
• We will try our best to accommodate any changes you would like to make to your accepted booking, subject to availability. Your original reservation will be reinstated if your change is denied. Before the modifications are approved, you will be informed if there will be an additional fee. There are no fees or administration costs associated with name changes or changes in a child’s age.
• If you wish to extend your stay, please let us know as far in advance as you can so that we can accommodate your request. All extensions are based on availability and are subject to rate changes.
• When a stay is extended, we reserve the right to charge any additional fees to the credit or debit card that was used to make the initial reservation. Alternatively, an invoice for the additional time will be sent to your billing address, and payment must be made by return.
• The cancellation policy for each of our chosen suppliers is listed below; however, in cases where we operate as their agent, their policy can be different from ours. When making a reservation, be certain to inquire about the exact cancellation policy; it will be detailed on the confirmation.
• iStay Liverpool reserves the right to consider an early departure or a decrease in the number of nights or units booked as a cancellation; in this case, cancellation fees will be assessed and the apartments may be re-let. Please note that transaction fees are not refundable in the event of a cancellation. Non-arrivals will be regarded as cancellations, and you will not be entitled to any refunds. Any remaining balance due on the entire amount becomes immediately payable.
• Please be aware that transaction fees are not refunded for cancellations.
4.5 Notice Period
• No refund will be offered for cancellations made within 30 days of the booking date, cancellations made before 30 days of the booking date, will see monies paid transferred as a credit note.
• Cancellations made before 30 days of the booking date, and were the full balance has been paid will receive only a 70% refund. The 30% will be retained by iStay as a cancellation fee.
• The 100% deposit for an advance purchase rate is not transferable.
• The entire amount of the reservation is still charged if a cancellation is made less than 30 days before the scheduled arrival date or if a guest fails to show up without giving prior written notification.
• Bookings placed less than 30 days before the intended arrival date will require payment in full.
5. Changes by Us
• Although we don’t foresee having to amend your reservation, we reserve the right to do so if necessary. On rare occasions, reservations may be modified, cancelled, or inaccurate information or other details must be corrected. In the event that this occurs, we will attempt to reach you by phone or email. In the event that your reservation needs to be changed or can-celled, we will, if feasible, provide you with a comparable apartment in a comparable setting for the same duration.
• You will be given a refund for the price difference if the alternative apartment is offered at a cheaper price. However, the increased amount will be due if the substitute apartment costs more. You may be eligible to cancel your booking and obtain a refund if you do not want to accept a change or any provided alternative apartment or if we are unable to provide you with a suitable alternative apartment, unless this is due to an Event Outside Of Our Control – see be-low.
• If a change or an alternate apartment is given, you should let us know as soon as possible. Alternatively, you should let us know if you want a refund.
• Events Outside Of Our Control may include, but are not limited to, acts of God, hostilities, riots, civil unrest, terrorist attacks, revolutions, acts of any government or authority (including, but not limited to, denial or revocation of any licence or consent), fire, flood, lightning, explosion, inclement weather, fog, epidemic, pandemic, interruption or failure of a utility service (including, but not limited to, electricity, gas, water, or telecommunications), improvements and construction projects carried out on the property or nearby, strikes, lockouts, or boycotts, an embargo, or a blockade.
• During your stay, we are not liable for the theft and/or damage of your personal items. As a result, it is essential that you make sure you have the proper insurances in place. Additionally, it is essential that you make sure your travel insurance is adequate to cover cancellation and medical costs.
• While every effort has been made to ensure that the information of our website (and/or other promotional or advertising tools) is accurate, changes may be made at any moment without prior notice. You understand that while we make every effort to verify the authenticity of the information provided by our chosen suppliers, on behalf of whom we operate as agent, before it is posted on our website (or other platforms for promotion or advertising), we are unable to do so.
• Be-cause of the above considerations, we do not guarantee that the information on our website (and/or other forms of advertising or marketing) accurately and fully depicts any of the apartments.
• There may be links on our website to other websites; however, we are not in responsible for such websites’ privacy policies, contents, or security.
• Our website (and/or other promotional or advertising tools) will only provide a broad overview of the accommodation. The size, style, fittings, furnishings, and amenities of the actual apartment may differ.
• We are responsible for our own operated apartments, subject to these conditions. Other than the basic management and booking requirements outlined in these conditions, we operate as agents for our preferred suppliers and are not responsible for any monies related to any acts or omissions under or related to that contract with the individual preferred supplier.
• To the fullest extent possible by law, all guarantees, conditions, and other terms implied by statute, common law, or otherwise are excluded from any contract with us, and these conditions shall apply in their place.
• However, as a consumer, nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts or excludes our liability for wrongful death or personal injury brought on by our negligence, for any harm or liability you may suffer as a result of fraud or willful misrepresentation, or for any liability that cannot be legally excluded.
• Subject to the aforementioned paragraph, we are not responsible for any loss of revenue, business interruption, depletion of goodwill and/or comparable losses, loss of anticipated savings, loss of property, breach of contract, loss of use, loss of data or information, or any other pure economic, special, indirect, or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges, or expenses.
• If you make a reservation on behalf of, or in the name of, a business or an employee of a business, that business is responsible for covering all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages, and losses (including any direct or indirect consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation, and all interest, penalties, and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) that we may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your, or your business’s, breach of contract or negligent performance. Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution, or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your booking shall be restricted to the fees paid to us under your booking if you are booking for, as, or on behalf of a business or business employee.
• Our liability to you under these terms is limited to the greater of (i) GBP £1,000; and (ii) the cost of the reservation you made with us, excluding any liability for death or bodily injury resulting from our negligence or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
9.1 Your Accommodation
• All apartments are occupied as serviced apartments and are only meant to be utilised by you or your organisation as short-term or holiday lodging. You won’t be eligible to a tenancy, an assured short hold, or an assured tenancy, and they are not intended to be used as the primary, secondary, or residence of visitors. No landlord-tenant connection is established, and neither now nor at the end of the rental period is there any statutory security of tenure. You will be charged the relevant accommodation fees for the additional period of occupancy if you or any member of your group fails to leave the property after the allotted time has passed. Other than the visitors, no one else is permitted to use the apartment.
• These terms are excluded agreements under the Protection from Eviction Act of 1977 (as amended Section )’s 3A(7)(a), and thus cannot be interpreted as an assured tenancy under the Housing Act of 1988. (as amended).
• Prior to arrival, we may be unable to provide a precise apartment number.
• The number of beds in an apartment determines how many individuals can stay at one time. In the event that the maximum number is exceeded, we or the chosen supplier reserve the right to deny access to the accommodations and/or charge for additional apartments.
9.2 When You Arrive and Depart
• Apartments are available from 3 p.m. on Your Arrival Day until 11 a.m. on Your Departure Day. Early check-in or late check-out may be possible for an additional fee, but they cannot be guaranteed unless reserved for the night before or the night after arrival, respectively.
• Upon arrival, the departure process will be confirmed. Check out is no later than 11am on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed and/or paid for.
10. Facilities and Services
• The following information only relates to properties managed by iStay Liverpool; apartments from preferred suppliers will have different information. On our website, through our reservations team, or when you arrive, more information is available.
• Cleaning: Only upon departure are all apartments cleaned. For extended stays, housekeeping may make courtesy calls to offer extra supplies, a linen or towel change as needed, and regular cleaning.
• Maintenance: Our management team performs routine maintenance on a regular basis, how-ever occasionally we may require access to your apartment to perform necessary maintenance. In most cases, we will give you 24 hours’ notice, unless there is an emergency and we need access right away.
• Broadband: While we will make every effort to ensure that the service is always available, we are unable to guarantee any internet or broadband connection. In the event that a defect is determined to be related to the users’ hardware or software, no support will be provided. Any loss or damage to visitors’ computers or software while they are staying at any apartment or using a network service is not our responsibility. Visitors are not allowed to use the apart-ment’s broadband connection for immoral or illegal activities, and we reserve the right to turn over such records to law enforcement if necessary.
• Security: To enter the building and the apartment, visitors will be given a set of keys, fobs, or access cards. On request, additional sets can be given. You are in responsible for ensuring you always have these and that you give them back at the end of your stay. If we are required to grant access as a result of lost or forgotten keys, there will be an extra fee.
• Service interruption: While we will make every effort to ensure that guests have a peaceful stay, we cannot guarantee it and will not held liable for any failure or interruption of services to the apartment or the building, including electricity, air conditioning, water, or any damage to telephone, broadband, internet, or other communications, including disruption or noise brought on by repairs being made in another area of the property.
• When we become aware of a service failure or interruption, will make every effort for it to be rectified at our apartments within a reasonable amount of time. We will also make every effort to make sure that any preferred provider is made aware of the issue and fixes it within an acceptable time frame.
• Management Services: We have a team of management professionals on hand to make sure your stay is as relaxing and pleasurable as possible. On arriving, contact information and business hours are made available.
11. Responsibility of the Guest
• Guests are responsible for adhering to any rules regarding apartment use. The welcome area displays the guest policies. We reserve the right to ask a guest to leave their apartment immediately, with no refund, if they violate any of these terms or the rules.
• Smoking is prohibited in all apartments and apartment buildings. Smoking in the apartment is prohibited, and the offender will be fined a minimum £200.
• Pets: No apartment or apartment building is permitted to have pets.
• Nuisance: Between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m., guests are expected to behave responsibly, respect the apartment and their fellow guests, and keep noise to a minimum. This includes acting abusively or threateningly toward a staff member over the phone, in writing, or in per-son, as well as disturbing other guests in any way. The apartment may not be used for any unlawful or immoral activities by guests. If the Management team is sent out in response to a nuisance complaint, there will be an extra fee.
• Damage: Guests are expected to maintain the apartment’s furnishings, fittings, and effects in the same condition as when they arrived. If necessary, inventories and condition reports can be given at the beginning and completion of the stay for a fee. Any missing, broken, damaged, or general maintenance-related items must be reported by you.
• Any damage to the apartment will be charged for in full. If these are found after departure, we shall notify the booker or you within 7 days of the departure with all the information, including, if available, photographic proof.
• Cleanliness: When you leave the apartments, we require them to be in a respectable level of order and cleanliness. For additional cleaning or specialised cleaning to make the apartment ready for occupancy, there will be an extra fee. In addition to cleaning and repairs, there may be additional fees for lost revenue.
• Lost Property: On the date of departure, all of your belongings should be taken out of the apartment. Any missing belongings will be kept for up to three months following your departure date utilizing reasonable efforts. Contact email@example.com with concerns about lost belongings.
• Storage: Only when available and under the guests responsibility, luggage storage may be offered.
12. Additional Charges
• As a general rule, additional fees might involve any or all of the following:
• Inventory and condition reports
• Breakages, loss or damage to the apartment or any of its contents
• Cleaning, specialist treatment charges where more than routine cleaning is required or smoking has occurred
• Lost keys, fobs or access cards
• Where the level of the additional charges is not indicated in these conditions, we will charge you the actual cost along with any administrative fees. VAT and local taxes are due on all additional charges. Prices for additional fees are always subject to change. See cl.2.3 above for payment of additional charges.
13. Health and safety
• All of our guests’ health and safety remain important to us. When you first arrive, you should become familiar with the apartment’s and building’s layout as well as the health and safety procedures described in your apartment. When reserving these apartments on your behalf through a chosen supplier, iStay Liverpool does not guarantee that the management will ad-here to all applicable local, regional, and applicable legislation, including those pertaining to health and safety. You further recognise that while a preferred supplier may abide by local, regional, and applicable legislation, the rights and remedies provided by those laws might not be the same as those in England and Wales. This booking is subject to decisions made by the UK Government regarding COVID-19 and any local lockdown restrictions. If your booking is affected by any Government restrictions, we will offer a credit voucher for you to use on another booking with us.
• If, in the unlikely situation, you are unhappy with any aspect of your accommodation, please contact the apartment manager as soon as you can. The outcome of any complaint we get may be impacted if you don’t give us a chance to resolve the issue while you’re there.
• In the unlikely situation that you are not happy with our service, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at +44 (0)151 608 8000.
• We reserve the right to occasionally modify these terms. We reserve the right to ask guests to leave their apartment immediately if they violate any of these rules. The laws of England shall govern these terms and their interpretation, and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim, disagreement, or difference relating to these terms and any matter originating from them.